Plant Seeds of Climate Resilience Today — Win an ENTIRE YEAR'S supply of coffee!
Happy Earth Month!
Home is where the coffee is — Home is where the trees are.
This year, City Plants is brewing something special.
We’ve partnered with LA-based Don Francisco's Coffee to plant trees throughout Los Angeles and grow a greener, more climate resilient future for our city. Don Francisco's has supported City Plants throughout the past four years, fueling LA's tree-planting volunteer force at community events, helping us get hundreds of new trees in the ground. In LA's Green New Deal, Mayor Eric Garcetti set ambitious goals of planting 90,000 trees by 2021 and increasing tree canopy in the areas greatest by 50% need by 2028. City Plants is actively working with partners to grow a more equitable and climate resilient future for all Angelenos, and we know nothing is more powerful than partnership and collaboration.
That's why we're asking for your support.
How to Support LA's Trees this Earth Month:
- Plant and care for a free tree today — If every Angeleno planted one tree right now, we'd reach our Green New Deal goal of planting 90,000 in just 32 minutes! To fuel your digging, Don Francisco's is giving away FREE coffee grounds at City Plants' tree adoption events during the month of April. Find an event near you and take home your own free tree to plant and love. Free trees and free coffee - What could be better?
- Become a Tree Superhero — The first 30 people to donate $150 or more to City Plants between April 1st - April 30th will receive an entire YEAR’s supply of Don Francisco's Coffee, delivered straight to your door each month, tailored to your brewing style and flavor palette (that’s over $300 worth of java!). With that much caffeine pumping through your veins, you might instantly transform into Captain Planet — Imagine all the trees you’ll be able to plant in one day! All contributions are tax-deductible.
- Chip In — Can’t spare $150? Every dollar makes an impact. Donate what you can, and you’ll be automatically entered into a raffle to win a Don Francisco’s gift basket full of coffee. Stay tuned — Ten lucky tree-superheroes and gift-basket winners will announced! All donations are tax-deductible.
Plus, Coco Peru, our hostess with the most-est will join us and Don Francisco's live on April 20th for a coffee chat!
Thank you for being a tree superhero this Earth Month — Your support gets us one step closer to growing a more climate resilient, equitable, and sustainable future for all Angelenos.
Your 2021 Earth Day "Hostess with the Most-est:"
About City Plants:
City Plants is a Los Angeles-based non-profit growing a greener future for all Angelenos. We envision a Los Angeles in which people in every neighborhood have equal access to trees and their benefits: clean air, energy efficiency, better health, cooling shade, and friendlier, more vibrant communities. In 2020, City Plants worked with partners, friends and neighbors — just like you — to plant and distribute over 15,000 trees to grow a more climate-resilient, healthier future for all Angelenos!
By supporting City Plants, you get us one step closer to the goals in Mayor Eric Garcetti's Green New Deal:
- Increase tree canopy in areas of greatest need by at least 50% by 2028 to grow a more equitable urban forest that provides cooling, public health, habitat, energy savings, and other benefits.
- Plant and maintain at least 90,000 trees citywide by 2021. Your support also sustains green jobs and provides economic advancement opportunities for Angelenos through meaningful work planting and caring for trees in our communities.
- Create 300,000 green jobs by 2035, and 400,000 green jobs by 2050
- Complete an Urban Forest Management Plan by 2028
About Don Francisco's Coffee:
Made in LA. Sustainably minded. Coffee driven.
Don Francisco's Coffee approaches every aspect of the coffee business with sustainability in mind - from their partnerships with sustainable growers, to their 100% zero-waste-to-landfill roasting facility, to their partnership with Terracycle to keep the single serve pods and espresso capsules out of landfills - Don Francisco's Coffee is committed to end-to-end sustainability.
Roasted locally in Los Angeles, Don Francisco's is a family-based, LA-rooted company, founded by immigrants. They have created hundreds of jobs, grown the local economy, and given back to over 300 charities and counting. “Our family's roots are in the coffee beans in the southern mountains of Cuba. Generation after generation of growers and roasters, our deep connection to the land is why we always honor the plant and the people who cultivate it. Because sustainable coffee is our family's legacy an exceptional quality is how we celebrate it.